RM Sotheby’s will be returning to the Hershey Lodge in Hershey, Pa., Oct. 5-6, for its 16th annual sale featuring an impressive offering of Brass Era and Pre-War cars.
The official auction house of the Antique Automobile Club of America’s Eastern Division Fall Meet, RM Sotheby’s is set for another exciting week in Pennsylvania, kicking off on Monday, Oct. 3, with the first “All Roads Lead to Hershey” Rally. Cars will depart from the historic Naval Air Station at Grosse Ile, Michigan (just south of Detroit) at 8:00 a.m. and enjoy secondary roads through Michigan before making their way down through Ohio to join the Lincoln Highway across Pennsylvania, ending with our overnight stop in Pittsburgh.
From Pittsburgh, on Tuesday, Oct. 4, the rally will continue on a scenic back route, riding the hills and valleys of Pennsylvania to finish at a celebratory BBQ at the Hershey Lodge in the late afternoon. The route has been programmed into the Rallista app for easy turn-by-turn directions along the entire journey.
Auction Statistics (at press time):
* 133 cars to be offered
* 78 lots of automobilia and memorabilia
* 37 cars with low estimates over $100K
* 12 cars with low estimates over $200K
* Five cars with low estimates over $500K
* Automobile lots span 85 years, from 1902–1987
Projected Top 10 Lots:
1. 1930 Cadillac V-16 Sport Phaeton by Fleetwood
2. 1930 Duesenberg Model J Limousine by Willoughby
3. 1912 Fiat Tipo 56 Touring
4. 1910 Thomas Flyer 690
5. 1913 Pierce-Arrow Model 66-A Seven-Passenger Touring
6. 1904 C.G.V. 70-hp Nine-Passenger Tourer
7. 1931 Pierce-Arrow Model 41 Convertible Victoria by LeBaron
8. 1931 Marmon Sixteen Convertible Sedan by LeBaron
9. 1956 Bentley S1 Continental Sports Saloon by Park Ward
10. 1941 Packard Custom Super Eight One Eighty Convertible Victoria by Darrin
One of 17 known survivors in the Sport Phaeton body style, the 1930 Cadillac V-16 Sport Phaeton by Fleetwood boasts a distinguished ownership history and is a carefully maintained older restoration in Bottle Green. A Classic Car Club of America Full Classic, it is worthy of continued appreciation and exhibition by its next caretaker.
Also on offer is a 1930 Duesenberg Model J Limousine by Willoughby. Restored as one of the final cars completed by legendary marque specialist Brian Joseph’s Classic & Exotic Service, J-306 boasts many years of well-known ownership history and is among the finest of its kind. Benefitting from the quality of New York coachbuilders, this impressive Duesenberg is fit for either concours or touring.
The St. Yves Collection is set to cross the block and consists of seven pre- and post-war American classics, all coming out of long-term ownership for the first time in decades.
RM Sotheby’s Says
Jake O’Gorman, Car Specialist, RM Sotheby’s says: “Hershey is one of our favorite events as it creates an opportunity for enthusiasts, like me, to gather and see some of the greatest examples of Brass Era to post-war collectibles. After the success of Monterey, we know the market for pre-war cars is still strong. This year’s lineup spans over 80 years of automotive history and we are excited to continue the momentum we’ve gained in 2022 in Hershey as the official auction of the AACA.”
For more information, including the auction docket, click HERE.