RM Sotheby’s flagship auction grossed $239,258,340 in total sales this past weekend over the company’s record-breaking three-night auction in Monterey, Calif, with an impressive 95 percent of all lots sold.
After the historic sale, RM Auto Restorations, RM Sotheby’s in-house restoration shop, won “Best of Show” for an unprecedented 7th time, setting yet another record for most wins at the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance for any restoration shop. The 1932 Duesenberg Model J Figoni Sports Torpedo was sourced by and received an exhaustive, no expense spared restoration in Blenheim, Canada, by the RM Auto team.
Gord Duff, Global Head of Auctions, stated, “The entire team will never forget this week after months of preparation. What RM Sotheby’s and RM Auto Restorations achieved at Monterey Car Week is a direct reflection of the drive, passion, and unparalleled expertise in our field. Our specialist and research teams are the best in the world, and our clients know that when they buy something like the 1924 Hispano-Suiza “Tulipwood” that we sold this weekend, it is thoroughly documented with exacting history which gives confidence when bidding. We’re looking forward to an exceptional year and we expect to continue with the incredible momentum that we’ve gained to date.”
The top 10 lots of the three-day auction are:
- 1955 Ferrari 410 Sport Spider by Scaglietti – $22,005,000
- 1937 Mercedes-Benz 540 K Special Roadster by Sindelfingen – $9,905,000
- 1924 Hispano-Suiza H6C “Tulipwood” Torpedo by Nieuport-Astra – $9,245,000
- 1957 Ferrari 500 TRC Spider by Scaglietti – $7,815,000
- 1966 Ferrari 275 GTB/C by Scaglietti – $7,595,000
- 1954 Ferrari 375 America Vignale Cabriolet – $7,595,000
- 1953 Ferrari 375 MM Spider by Scaglietti – $7,485,000
- 1938 Talbot-Lago T150-C SS Teardrop Coupe by Figoni et Falaschi – $7,265,000
- 1958 Ferrari 250 GT Cabriolet Series I by Pinin Farina – $6,825,000
- 1998 Ferrari F300 – $6,220,000
Next up for RM Sotheby’s heads to its second annual sale in St. Moritz on September 9, working in partnership with the International St. Moritz Automobile Week. For more information, click HERE.