More than 600 vehicles in 14 different classes are registered for the second annual Woodward Dream Show to be held on Friday, August 19, at M1 Concourse in Pontiac.
The 2022 WDS event incorporates several new features based on feedback from patrons at last year’s inaugural event. Now a one-day event (10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.) so community members can participate in the Woodward Dream Cruise, Friday’s schedule is jam-packed with over 600 cars, live entertainment, on-track experiences, children’s activities, and a lively panel discussion featuring the next generation of cruisers and hot rod builders.
The show is curated and judged. Awards will be given in each class and there will be an overall Best in Show.
Patrons vote for People’s Choice awards. Awards will be announced at 5:00 p.m.
Included to date are:
- More than forty-five 1932 Fords, who celebrate their 90th anniversary this year
- Nearly 30 Lincolns and Firebirds celebrating 100 and 55 years, respectively
- Over 100 Corvettes
- Over 50 American Classic hot rods
- Members and cars from 22 different car clubs
- Nearly a dozen movie and celebrity cars, including a vehicle featured in the Fast & Furious franchise.
Activities throughout the day include:
- Live music from Metro Detroit’s Vavoom, from 3:00-9:00 p.m.
- Performance vehicle rides on M1 Champion Motor Speedway with a professional M1 driving instructor. No fee.
- Available refreshments in the Makers Mark/Tito’s Biergarten Pavilion as well as an array of food trucks including Crispelli’s, All City Dogs, Andiamo’s, Sucree, Casa Amado, Torta Express, and Impasto.
- Family Fun at the PRI Pavilion with children’s activities including pedal cars, RC cars, and slot cars
- The “Insiders Garage” Panel from 5:00-6:00 p.m. emceed by WCSX’s Jim O’Brien and featuring custom builders Kevin Byrd, Murray Pfaff, Adam Genai, and Steve Mank
Tickets are $50 for 18 and older, $25 for 13-18 and free for 12 and under. Free parking and shuttle is included with every ticket. Tickets are available HERE.