Previewed a few weeks ago, RM Sotheby’s Guikas Collection Sale took place last weekend and consisted of a highly anticipated selection of 77 cars and 10 automobilia lots all offered without reserve. The collection featured a number of diverse competition cars along with some rare road-going cars like the top-selling 1955 Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta Competizione by Pinin Farina.
The Guikas Collection Top 10
- 1955 Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta Competizione – $6,963,218
- 1958 Ferrari 250 GT Cabriolet Series I – $4,970,815
- 2005 Ferrari 575 GTC – $2,978,413
- 1976 Renault-Alpine A442 – $2,535,657
- 1965 Ferrari 275 GTB – $2,409,155
- 1981 Ferrari 512 BB/LM – $2,219,402
- 1965 Iso Grifo A3/C – $2,029,650
- 1975 Lamborghini Countach LP400 ‘Periscopio’ – $1,017,636
- 1933 Delage D8 S Cabriolet $954,385
- 1993 Jaguar XJ220 C LM – $929,085
Augustin Sabatié-Garat, Head of Sales at RM Sotheby’s Europe said: “It was an honour for us to be entrusted to sell the Guikas Collection, bringing so many important road and race cars to market in such a unique way. Each of these incredible automobiles is sure to provide their new owners the same gratification they did to Mr. Guikas, whether occupying a place of honour on display, in the heat of vintage rallying and competition, or simply being exercised on a carefree drive on their new owner’s favourite road. This has been a project of epic proportions and a huge team effort for everyone here at RM Sotheby’s, and we are delighted with the results.”
For more information and the entire results click HERE.