Just three weeks and counting to the 18th Annual CSRG Charity Challenge weekend, October 1-3 at Sonoma Raceway. One of the West Coast’s most popular vintage racing weekend with more than 250 cars expected, Sonoma’s and the Classic Sports Racing Group’s focus on fundraising for the Speedway Children’s Charities brings a serious purpose to an otherwise pure-fun event: Over the last 17 years, charity rides have raised over $1M.
Included among the weekend’s scheduled highlights (California COVID protocol permitting, of course):
– Free admission for all spectators and crews
– Midday charity rides to support the Speedway Children’s Charities
– Pace car rides in return for a donation
– Three special race groups: the Morton Cup, the Crossflow Cup and the USRRC Tribute
– Saturday night dinner and auction for entrants, crews, volunteers, and “frankly anyone else who helps us put on this event!”
– Vintage planes flyover
– Grid walk (note there is an age requirement)
– Special invitation: All car clubs
– Special invitation: Pre-1988 Sports 2000s
Volunteer to be a charity ride provider and you’ll receive a 25 percent discount on testing at Sonoma Raceway. This is a one-time offer, and discounts (non-transferable) must be used between Oct. 4, 2021 and Sept. 29, 2022 — i.e. after this year’s Charity Challenge and before next year’s.
Interested? Contact CSRG’s Cynthia Torp at: AssociateRegistrar@csrgweb.org
For more information on the CSRG Charity Challenge, log onto charityracing.org or csrgracing.org.