On behalf of Road Racing Drivers Club President Bobby Rahal, I am disappointed to have to tell you that with Los Angeles County requiring masks to be worn indoors, allied to the current climate of uncertainty regarding the COVID virus and, especially, the Delta variant, we have reached a conclusion that it is simply not practical to go ahead with the RRDC Evening with Rick Mears Presented by Firestone as scheduled next month.
We have postponed this decision as long as possible in the hope of some positive news but didn’t want to wait any longer.
If you have already sent a check to John Fergus’ office, thank you. These have not been deposited, since it had become apparent in recent weeks that we might not be able to go ahead, despite all our positive thinking! So, please let me know whether you are OK with us shredding the check. Alternatively, if you would like us to allocate your funds toward the RRDC’s young driver initiatives – SAFEisFAST.com and the Team USA Scholarship – again, please let me know. All contributions will be gratefully received.
It is our fervent wish – and Rick’s – that we will be able to go ahead with the dinner during the lead up to next year’s Grand Prix of Long Beach event in April. I will, of course, share more details nearer the time. Third time’s a charm!
Until then, thank you for your support and understanding, and stay healthy!