Santa Monica, CA — Gooding & Company achieved total sales of 34,048,900 British Pounds ($45.210 million) at its Sept. 5 Passion of a Lifetime auction, and set six new world auction records for the Bugatti, Lamborghini, Vauxhall and Lancia marques.
The company also set a world auction record for the highest average price per car — 2,432,064 British Pounds. Gooding’s first-ever sale in the United Kingdom, conducted at the historic Hampton Court Palace during the Concours of Elegance, saw 14 of the collection’s 15 lots sold to achieve a 93% sell-through rate. Eight cars each sold for more than 1 million British Pounds in a live broadcast watched by bidders from 73 countries.
With all results in British Pounds, the record-setting sales were:
- 1934 Bugatti Type 59 Sports: 9,535,000
- 1937 Bugatti Type 57S Atalante: 7,855,000
- 1928 Bugatti Type 35C Grand Prix: 3,935,000
- 1971 Lamborghini Miura P400 SV Speciale: 3,207,000
- 1924 Vauxhall 30-98 OE-Type Wensum: 1,247,000
- 1924 Lancia Lambda 3rd Series Torpédo: 391,000
Get all sale results, led by the 1927 Bentley 3 Litre Speed Model Sports Tourer at 345,000 British Pounds.
Next up is the company’s October Geared Online sale.