Salinas, CA — The Crossflow Cup series for Historic Formula Fords (built in 1972 or before) and Club or Classic Formula Fords (built prior to 1981) is back for four races at three tracks in 2019, and gets underway March 16-17 at Historic Motor Sports Association’s Spring Club event at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca.
Registration for that event is now open. The remainder of the Crossflow Cup schedule:
• CSRG David Love Vintage Races, Sonoma Raceway, April 12-14
• CSRG Rolling Thunder Spring Races, Thunderhill Raceway Park, May 3-5
• CSRG Charity Challenge, Sonoma Raceway, Oct. 4-6
Racers who can’t get to all of the regular points races can earn triple points at these events:
• VARA 50th Anniversary Formula Ford, Willow Springs, March 22
• SOVREN Pacific Northwest Historics, Pacific Raceway, July 5-7
Crossflow Cup races at these events celebrate the creation in the U.K. in 1967 of a class of affordable race cars — formative in the careers of almost all Formula Champions in the decades that followed — started when a Ford Kent engine was installed in what was essentially a Lotus 22 Formula Junior Chassis. The formula launched in the U.S. 50 years ago, in 1969.