Salinas, CA — The Crossflow Cup series for Historic Formula Fords (built in 1972 or before) and Club or Classic Formula Fords (built prior to 1981) is back for five races at four tracks in 2018, and gets underway March 10-11 at Historic Motor Sports Association’s Spring Club event at Laguna Seca Raceway.
Photo Courtesy – Crossflow Cup
Registration for that event is now open. The rest of the Crossflow Cup schedule:
• CSRG’s David Love Vintage Races, Sonoma Raceway, April 6-8
• CSRG’s Rolling Thunder Spring Races, Thunderhill Raceway Park, May 4-6
• SOVREN’s Columbia River Classic, Portland International Raceway, Sept. 8-9
• CSRG’s Charity Challenge, Sonoma Raceway, Oct. 5-7
Racers who can’t get to all of the regular points races can earn double points at the following events, with more to be added.
• VARA’s K&N High Desert Challenge, Willow Springs, March 24-25
• SOVREN’s Pacific Northwest Historics, Pacific Raceway, June 29-July 1
The Crossflow Cup races at all of these events celebrate the creation in 1967 of a class of affordable race cars — formative in the careers of almost all Formula Champions in the decades that followed — started when a Ford Kent engine was installed in what was essentially a Lotus 22 Formula Junior Chassis.