Belding, MI — Racers looking for gobs of track time, a relaxed and fun atmosphere and a chance at a half-price entry need look no further than www.VSCDA.org to sign up for that club’s “summer party,” the Aug. 18-20 Vintage Grand Prix Au Grattan XXXI at the Grattan Raceway.
Early bird registration deadline is July 28. To be entered in a raffle to get 50% off the entry fee, enter the code “Grattan 17VM” on your online registration. If you’ve already registered, you can still enter the raffle by contacting the VSCDA office at 616-916-2650 with the code.
Special race features taking place on the roller-coaster, natural-terrain track’s 2-mile, 10-turn circuit include:
* S2000 Grand Prix debut of these plentiful (and plenty fun) sports racers
* Vintage Vee Race Series with an expected 30 of the wee ones dicing and darting
* Spridget Race Series, VSCDA’s fast-growing Sprite/Midget race group
* G70 Can-Am Festival Challenge race with Canada’s VARAC racers vs. American G70 cars
* Trans-Am B Sedan (TABS) series is expected to draw a healthy entry of under 2.5-liter BMWs, Datsuns, Alfa GTVs and others of their ilk
* Jeff Porasik-Wells Fargo Advisors one-hour Enduro for closed-wheel cars up to 3.0 liters.
All groups will have a minimum of three track sessions daily, with some drivers on track four or more times daily. Social and gustatory attractions include the Friday night Hagerty Paddock Crawl progressive dinner with wine/beer golf cart and Saturday dinner, both catered by The Grist Mill; $20 charity race car laps for Sunday guests, benefiting disabled veterans; and the finale of the Badgers vs. Spartans/Wolverines trilogy (it’s a Big Ten thing) where the losing state wins the worst and now stale beer from last year’s event.